City of Colwich


Utility Billing Customer Information

Moving to town and need to start water, sewer and trash service? Fill out the fillable Utility Billing Customer Information and return it to the city office. We will make a copy of your driver’s license and collect a $100 deposit.

<Golf Cart/Work Site Utility Vehicle Tag Application

Emergency Contact Information

In our efforts to provide more reliable communications with residents and businesses in town, we have implemented Swiftreach Networks, Inc. as our emergency notification service provider.

Swift911™ is a system that makes phone calls to specific people or areas in the event of an emergency or for sharing important information.

If you are not receiving these calls, please fill out the form below to add or update your contact information. You may also remove yourself from our lists.

Service Disconnect Request Form

If you want to stop service for water, sewer and/or trash in town, please complete this Utility Service Disconnect Form and return it to the city office, 310 S. 2nd, email it to or fax it to 316-796-0913.

Pay Utility Bills and Court Fines

Pay your utility bills online by clicking

Building Permits

Need a building permit? Find out how to get one here.

Fence Permit

Get a fence permit online by clicking here.

Dog Registration

Dog Registration to be returned with vaccination records

Public Records Access Policy

For access to open public records, follow the steps outlined here.

Citizen Comment Form

Have something to say? We’re listening! Send us a message using our online form.

Block Party Application

If you’re throwing a block party, we’re happy to help you get it set up! Request permission online.

City Council Agendas & Minutes

We want you involved in our process! We’ve made our meeting agendas and minutes available so you can stay in the loop.


Find your way around Colwich, KS!

An American Since 1887 City


The City Council meeting is scheduled for the third Monday of each month (second Monday of January) at 7:00 p.m. at the City Administrative Center, 310 S. 2nd St. Click here to see the upcoming agenda. Regular city council meeting agendas are available the Wednesday before the meeting.


Planning commission meetings are scheduled for the fourth Tuesday of January, April, July and October at 7:00 p.m. at the City Administrative Center, 310 S. 2nd St. Other meetings may be scheduled as needed. The April 2022 meeting was canceled due to a lack of agenda. Click to see the upcoming agenda.


The annual consumer confidence report detailing the city’s water quality is available for review. Click on 2021 Consumer Confidence Water Report to view this important information. If you know of someone who does not have a computer, please have them call 316-796-1025 and we will mail them a copy of the report.


The City Council amended the city code to include all forms of payment in the insufficient funds section of utility billing. See the entire ordinance here.


The City Council revised the street vendor fees. See the entire ordinance here.